Monday 30 June 2014

I apologise for the shortness of this post in advance. Unfortunately, this week has seen a number of issues arise in my personal life, and hence to say my thoughts are numerous and fragmented would be an understatement. However, before these events here’s a thought or two that came across my mind.

Two weeks ago today I finished secondary school after 8 years. Aside from the expected sadness, there was a thought that I’ve revisited many times since that day. That thought was simple: where am I in life, and what am I doing?

The answer may appear simple: I’ve finished school and I am awaiting A Level results to determine wether I go to university of not. However, it isn’t a simple answer. Going to university has not always been my idea of a path in life.

Do I want to go? I can’t answer. What will I do if I don’t go? I can’t answer, but have an idea of where my life would go in an ideal world (if one existed, and if one does, please let me know where to find it).

Many of my life decisions have been contradictions, and time and time again I’ve found myself lost amongst my own contradictions. For someone who believes to a great extent in historical determinism I so often fail to believe in determinism for my own life.

Perhaps I’m just lost and tired. I don’t know. I’ll find out, even if I’m not aware of it.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment